The purpose of this role is to provide administrative support to the Microbiology function in order to ensure all business milestones are met. This role reports directly to the Microbiology Manager.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- To generate documentation to support Microbiology activities.
- To review and update documentation as required.
- Archiving of Data/Worksheets/logbooks/Notebooks etc.
- Tracking timesheets and attendance for the Microbiology department
- Documentation and organization of samples to be sent to contract labs and/or customers.
- To measure and track Microbiology group metrics.
- Maintain Microbiology Tier 1 board.
- To generate New Material Assessments for new materials.
- Bartender responsibility for the Microbiology department.
- Purchasing activities including stock taking and VMI coordination for the Microbiology department.
- To ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with the required standards, conforming to company, cGxP, SOPs, regulatory regulations and guidelines, safety and environmental guidelines.
- To identify and make recommendations for improvements as part of a team within or outside the department in order to ensure continuous improvement.
- To perform additional team tasks as agreed to support effective running of the Business.
- To assist in the preparation for internal / customer/ regulatory inspections.
- Collect and coordinate data needed by the Microbiology Manager.
- To resolve problems and/or discrepancies which may involve research and the collection of data.
- Additional administrative support when agreed with manager, e.g. short periods of reception cover for breaks/annual leave.
Health and Safety
- Ensure requirements of EirGen’s Safety Statement are implemented.
- Continuously promote a positive safety culture by leading by example.
- Implement safety requirements as per site documentation including SOP’s, Safety Statement and COP’s.
- Report any defects
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Three years relevant work experience in a technical work environment.
- Administration training.