Job Purpose: To be part of a microbiology department supporting state of the art Fill Finish and Oral Solid Dose facilities.
Reports to: Microbiology Manager
- Introduction, validation and execution of methods.
- Review and trend data.
- Write, execute and approve validation documents as required.
- Carry out investigations and address deviations.
- Management of external testing.
- Write, implement, review and update SOPs.
- Support junior staff.
Health, Safety and the Environment
- Comply with all EHS policies and procedures.
- Comply with all GMP, GLP and GDP requirements.
- Provide technical knowledge and support on sterility assurance.
- Provide support during Media Fills.
- Participate in risk assessments as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Provide support during production investigations.
- Provide support to the microbiology manager.
The ideal candidate will have:
- BSC in microbiology or biological sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in microbiology in a laboratory and / or aseptic production environment (pharmaceutical experience is preferential)
- Demonstrated experience in providing microbiological support to a production facility.
- Demonstrated ability to introduce, validate and optimise microbiology methods.
- Experience working in a cross functional team environment.