Job Purpose: Prioritising and coordinating the execution of Technical Services Analytical activities in line with department and company requirements
Responsibilities (Not Limited to)
- Assist the Technical Services Manager in achieving company goals
- Day to day scheduling of laboratory activities
- Working in real time by ensuring the laboratory work in progress is kept to a minimum.
- Timely close out of deviations and/or investigations.
- Assist with the timely completion of data reviewing as required.
- To identify training requirements and training of Chemists and organize training as required.
- To participate in all relevant training to ensure personal training plan is up to date.
- To test and analyse in a timely & efficient manner.
- To calibrate and check calibrations of laboratory instrumentation as required.
- Take responsibility for issues as they arise and elevating them where necessary.
- Timely and complete handover of documentation and work in progress.
- Reporting on results via correct documentation in real time.
- To draft procedures, protocols, reports and company documentation as required.
- To ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with the required standards conforming to company, cGxP, SOPs, regulatory regulations and guidelines, safety and environmental guidelines.
- To identify and make recommendations for improvements as part of a team within or outside the department in order to ensure continuous improvement.
- Representing the Technical Services department at internal meetings and communications with customers.
- Plan all external laboratory testing, ensuring all testing is completed on time in full.
- Recruit, train, manage and develop team
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
Relevant third level qualification
At least 5 years previous relevant experience
Skills: Computer Skills to include MS office, People management skills, Project management, knowledge of MS project, Technical writing skills, Leadership, Ability to deal with cross-functional groups, Ability to handle pressurized timelines, Attention to detail, Problem Solving / Analysis Adaptability